Thanks for joining in the excitement of the Backpack Comeback this season! If you are planning to drop off physical donations, please read the below for important information and guidelines for drop-offs this season and note that you must sign up for an appointment and email email@example.com with your totals.
Please note: All drop-offs take place outdoors. In the interest of safety for all, please plan to wear your mask when dropping off. Please also extend the courtesy of maintaining a 6 ft distance for the comfort of everyone.
Side note: We need vaccinated warehouse volunteers for mid-late August! If you are available, please sign up for your slots using the priority volunteer registration link provided in your Drive Leader registration confirmation email. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been closely monitoring health and safety guidelines and have put together proper protocols to manage our Backpack Comeback processes while minimizing health risks. If you plan to drop off any physical donations, please read the information below and plan to adhere to these operational procedures.
Drop-offs will be by appointment only. If you cannot make it to any of the available appointments, please email email@example.com to coordinate a separate time for dropping off at our Sunnyvale warehouse.
Drop off days at our main warehouse in Sunnyvale are from Wednesday, July 28th - Friday, July 30th. To sign up for an appointment slot, please follow this link and read all instructions before signing up for your appointment slot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D45A8AF2EABFEC07-20211
The warehouse address is: 1309 Moffett Park Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
BEFORE DROPPING OFF
Please count the total number of filled vs. empty backpacks and email the total to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Bonus points if you can provide this information broken down by grade levels K-1, 2-5, 6-12)! If you do not take this step, we will not be able to properly track your donations (this is VERY important to us!)
Masking up is required when you drop off. Please also make every available effort to maintain a minimum 6-ft. distance from others not in your party, including our FGT staff/volunteers (they will do the same). Note that FGT staff/volunteers will operate with masks to ensure your safety.
We will have 2 options for drop-off:
1. Contactless Self-Unloading
When you arrive, pull into the area marked for self-unloading and unload the donations into the Speedpaks (large wheeled cardboard boxes). If you have extra supplies that you are donating, please make sure that the bags or boxes of supplies are clearly labeled with your group name before placing into the Speedpaks.
• Place toothbrushes into the bins labeled for toothbrush collection.
• Place any leftover Drive materials (extra tags, etc.) that you do not want to keep into the marked bin.
• Place any monetary donations into the slotted monetary donation lockbox. Be sure your organization’s name is on the outside of the envelopes before you drop them in the box.
• Place your completed drop-off form into the marked bin. This will help us confirm that you have dropped off.
2. Contactless Full-Service Unloading
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
• Be sure that all donations are loaded into the trunk or back of your vehicle and that there are no personal items in those areas.
• Place any leftover Drive materials (extra tags, etc.) in an envelope or bag.
• Do not place monetary donations in with the leftover Drive Materials. Please place them in a separate marked envelope or bag clearly marked with your organization’s name and placed in the back with your donations (ideally at the very front so that we may secure it right as we open your vehicle).
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
• Pull into the area for full-service unloading and roll down your window.
• An FGT staff/volunteer member will approach to confirm your organization's name and where your donations are in your vehicle. Once confirmed, FGT will proceed to unload your vehicle.
• Once complete, FGT staff/volunteers will give you the signal that you are good to go and you may proceed to pull out of the drop-off lot.
Thank you for helping us maintain safe and efficient operations during drop-offs and thank you so much for joining the Backpack Comeback!