Thanks for joining in the excitement of the Backpack Comeback this season! If you are planning to drop off physical donations, please read the below for important information and guidelines for drop-offs this season and note that you must sign up for an appointment by emailing email@example.com with your desired appointment time (Monday - Friday 10:30 AM - 5 PM) and your donation totals.
Please note: All drop-offs take place outdoors. In the interest of safety for all, please plan to wear your mask when dropping off. Please also extend the courtesy of maintaining a 6 ft distance for the comfort of everyone.
We have been closely monitoring health and safety guidelines and have put together proper protocols to manage our Backpack Comeback processes while minimizing health risks. If you plan to drop off any physical donations, please read the information below and plan to adhere to these operational procedures.
Drop-offs will be by appointment only.
The warehouse address is: 1309 Moffett Park Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
BEFORE DROPPING OFF
Please count the total number of filled vs. empty backpacks and email the total to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Bonus points if you can provide this information broken down by grade levels K-1, 2-5, 6-12)! If you do not take this step, we will not be able to properly track your donations (this is VERY important to us!)
Masking up is required when you drop off. Please also make every available effort to maintain a minimum 6-ft. distance from others not in your party, including our FGT staff/volunteers (they will do the same). Note that FGT staff/volunteers will operate with masks to ensure your safety.
When you arrive, pull into the unloading area and unload the donations into the Speedpaks (large wheeled cardboard boxes). If you have extra supplies that you are donating, please make sure that the bags or boxes of supplies are clearly labeled with your group name before placing into the Speedpaks.
• Place toothbrushes into the bins labeled for toothbrush collection.
• Place any leftover Drive materials (extra tags, etc.) that you do not want to keep into the marked bin.
• Place any monetary donations into the slotted monetary donation lockbox. Be sure your organization’s name is on the outside of the envelopes before you drop them in the box.
• Place your completed drop-off form into the marked bin. This will help us confirm that you have dropped off.
• Once complete, FGT staff/volunteers will give you the signal that you are good to go and you may proceed to pull out of the drop-off lot.
Thank you for helping us maintain safe and efficient operations during drop-offs and thank you so much for joining the Backpack Comeback!