We take safety very seriously. Our processes are designed to maintain social distance and minimize close contact.
What are FGT's COVID-19 protocols to keep everyone safe?
- Everyone must review the County of Santa Clara COVID-19 safety protocols prior to entering the building.
- Temperature checks will be given prior to entering the building.
- If a volunteer’s temperature is too high, we will ask the volunteer not to enter the warehouse and not to volunteer.
- All volunteers must wear a mask and gloves.
- Volunteers must stay at a social distance of 6 ft.
- Due to Covid and County restrictions, absolutely no drop-in volunteering will be allowed. Volunteers that do not register ahead of time will be turned away at the door.
- We will provide bathrooms with soap and water. Hand sanitizer will also be available for volunteers throughout the warehouse.
- Volunteers must stay at a social distance when crossing paths with another volunteer.
What's going to be different about the 2020 Holiday Wish Drive?
- This year, we will have TWO warehouses. To prevent the spread of COVID, especially to FGT staff, each volunteer can only work at their assigned warehouse (i.e., If you are assigned to Warehouse A, you are not allowed in Warehouse B).
- We have enacted the "Contactless Experience" - Volunteers can now pre-register from their shifts immediately after signing up for a time slot. Volunteers can also check-in prior to their shifts from their phones
Why can't we add more volunteers to the slots?
- FGT is limiting the number of volunteers per shift to keep everyone safe, healthy, and socially distanced as a part of our COVID-19 safety protocols. We expect to have two FGT staff members on-site which is the max gathering size allowed.
Do I need to add the names of minors to my reservation?
- Yes! Please add ALL people volunteering to the reservation as we will not allow volunteers that are not registered to complete a volunteer shift.
- Accurate counts of volunteers are needed in order to comply with FGT and County Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Does FGT have an age limit for volunteering?
- We do not! We welcome volunteers of all ages, we just ask that all volunteers under the age of 16 have an adult companion. For example, if someone volunteers with two children, two adults should also be available so each child under 16 is working with an adult at all times. What is the 2020 Holiday Wish Drive warehouse address?
Where is the 2020 Holiday Wish Drive Warehouse located?
- At this time, we expect the warehouse will be located in the South Bay and will share the address as soon as we have it.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to sign up now to volunteer in our Holiday Wish Drive Warehouse? You can do so here.