We take safety very seriously. Our processes are designed to maintain social distance and minimize close contact.
What are FGT's COVID-19 protocols to keep everyone safe?
- Everyone must review the County of Santa Clara COVID-19 safety protocols prior to entering the building.
- Temperature checks will be given prior to entering the building.
- If a volunteer’s temperature is too high, we will ask the volunteer not to enter the warehouse and not to volunteer.
- We request that all volunteers wear masks and gloves while working in the warehouse to keep backpacks and school supplies virus-free.
- For volunteers working outside with backpack drop-off and pick-ups, we will provide a face shield to go over their masks.
- We will provide bathrooms with soap and water. Hand sanitizer will also be available for volunteers throughout the warehouse.
- We will observe social distancing by putting work areas 6 feet apart.
- If you are a member of a family or friend bubble, you will be allowed to work within 6 feet of each other.
- If you are volunteering with others outside your normal contact group, we will separate you by a minimum of 6 feet.
- Volunteers must stay at a social distance when crossing paths with another volunteer.
Why can't we add more volunteers to the slots?
- FGT is limiting the number of volunteers per shift to 8 to keep everyone safe, healthy, and socially distanced as a part of our COVID-19 safety protocols. We expect to have two FGT staff members on-site which adds up to 10 total people indoors (staff and volunteers)- the max gathering size allowed.
Do I need to add the names of minors to my reservation?
- Yes! Please add ALL people volunteering to the reservation as we will not allow volunteers that are not registered to complete a volunteer shift.
- Accurate counts of volunteers are needed in order to comply with FGT and County Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Does FGT have an age limit for volunteering?
- We do not! We welcome volunteers of all ages, we just ask that all volunteers under the age of 16 volunteers with an adult.
What is the 2020 Back-to-School warehouse address?
- At this time, we expect the warehouse to be located at 1311 Orleans Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to sign up now to volunteer in our Back-to-School Warehouse? You can do so here.