Make a Difference!
Last year —a year like no other, we all had to get creative. So, in order to still provide tens of thousands of backpacks, we went digital!
Using the Virtual Giving Tree platform, a Drive Leader can still solicit donations and "collect" backpacks on behalf of FGT. Through this customized giving tool you can track your progress as your team "shops" for backpacks online and helps us deliver the tools for learning in this different and changing educational environment. The option to receive or download printed backpack tags and other materials to run a physical Drive is still available, so if that's the way you'd like to help students in your community return to school, we're here for you too.
Make Leading A Drive a new family tradition.
Become a Drive Leader and support our Back-to-School Drive. A Drive Leader is Family Giving Tree’s main contact and the key to each Drive’s success.
Who can be a Drive Leader?
Anyone who is part of a group—a business, school, family, social club, or friends—and wants to help children-in-need in the community can lead a Back-to-School Drive. We work with Drive Leaders every step of the way and provide all the tools needed to make each Drive a success.
Role of a Drive Leader
As a Drive Leader, you will…
- Register your group for each Drive
- Facilitate donations and participation within your group by posting backpack tags in a well-traveled area or distributing them to friends and colleagues or hosting a customizable Virtual Giving Tree (VGT), or both.
- Collect and deliver the donated backpacks to Family Giving Tree’s warehouse or, if you are using the VGT, promote your VGT to fund supply-filled backpacks. Or do both.
- Receive priority when signing up for Family Giving Tree's in-demand warehouse volunteer shifts.
- Have a direct impact on your own community.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Drive Leader please contact firstname.lastname@example.org