Privacy and Security
The Family Giving Tree is committed to respecting the privacy of donors; therefore, we do not lend, sell or rent mailing lists of our donors' or participants' personal information. Your name, address, phone number, or credit card information will not be used outside our organization. A donor may choose to remain an anonymous donor at any time. We subscribe and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Bill of Rights, which you may view online at www.afpnet.org. You can choose to receive no further information from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link, or by contacting us at our office at 408-946-3111.
What Information Do We Collect?
High-grade encryption and HTTPS security protocols are used in collecting personal information. FGT only collects information volunteered by you during your communication or transaction with us. Information collected includes name, address, phone, email address, and giving history. The use and collection of information about you are limited to that which is necessary to administer our operations
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect or receive: a) to send you marketing and promotional communications with your Consent (you can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time); b) to send administrative information to you for business purposes; c) for other business purposes.
Concerning donations, FGT uses Personal Information a) to acknowledge and provide a tax receipt for donations; b) to respond to donor inquiries or questions about our services; c) for internal marketing purposes and as part of FGT’s donor database.
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- to comply with applicable law, government requests, judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal process
- regarding vital interests and legal rights
- with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and specific online marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technologies on the Sites, enabling them to collect data about how you interact with them over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless otherwise described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes or authorize them to use the data for anything other than their work for our organization.
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or portion of our business to another company
- we may disclose your personal information for any other purposes with your consent.
How long do we keep your information?
Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
Yes. if you are a resident of California you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will ensure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions, comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected].